Blog Info

I love Castles, History and Archaeology, If I could have my time again I would train to be a Archaeologist!
I am a keen artist and traveller, I seek adventure however I am also disabled and a dog owner.

So I thought it would be a neat idea to have a blog that I could share some photos of my castle hunting adventures and basic info on these sites from a disabled, dog owning artist!

Cadw Offers Disabled people and there companion Free access to there sites, If you have any problems, attitude or access on this generous offer make sure you contact Cadw so they can improve.

I have only provided basic info as there are enough sites on the net to give you this information.
http://cadw.wales.gov.uk/?lang=en


This Castle Wales Site is brilliant, I have used it time and time again, even writing to the makers to compliment them
www.castlewales.com


Saturday 10 June 2017

Dunster Castle

Dunster Castle is a former motte and bailey castle, now a country house, in the village of Dunster, Somerset, England.

Carefully managed by the National Trust this lovely castle is a great visitors attraction
However be warned it is a bit of a walk to the castle, although NT have a shuttle bus that can take people that can't walk to far from the ticket office to the castle.
The castle lies on the top of a steep hill called the Tor, and has been fortified since the late Anglo-Saxon period. There is so much to see and do allow a whole day to visit. Dunster village is also very cute and worth a visit along with the water mill, where you can but flour & porridge ground on site.




More info
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/dunster-castle

No comments:

Post a Comment