Blog Info

I love Castles, History and Archaeology, If I could have my time again I would train to be a Archaeologist!
I am a keen artist and traveller, I seek adventure however I am also disabled and a dog owner.

So I thought it would be a neat idea to have a blog that I could share some photos of my castle hunting adventures and basic info on these sites from a disabled, dog owning artist!

Cadw Offers Disabled people and there companion Free access to there sites, If you have any problems, attitude or access on this generous offer make sure you contact Cadw so they can improve.

I have only provided basic info as there are enough sites on the net to give you this information.
http://cadw.wales.gov.uk/?lang=en


This Castle Wales Site is brilliant, I have used it time and time again, even writing to the makers to compliment them
www.castlewales.com


Wednesday 22 July 2015

Castle Howard

Castle Howard is a stately home in North Yorkshire, 15 miles north of York. It is a private residence, the home of the Carlisle branch of the Howard family for more than 300 years
Building of Castle Howard began in 1699 and took over 100 years to complete to a design by Sir John Vanbrugh for the 3rd Earl of Carlisle. The site was that of the ruined Henderskelfe Castle, which had come into the Howard family in 1566 through the marriage to Lord Dacre's widow of Thomas, 4th Duke of Norfolk.

Taken from wiki & more info can be found here..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Howard
Free parking by the ticket office / stable block, it is a short and levelled walk to the castle
Toilets situated by the ticket office and stable block
The site is on different levels, there is a wheelchair lift for manual chairs giving access to the upper floors of the castle.
Dogs are allowed in grounds but not in the castle

Castle Howard offers your carer free admission.

See
http://www.castlehoward.co.uk/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment