Blog Info

I love Castles, History and Archaeology, If I could have my time again I would train to be a Archaeologist!
I am a keen artist and traveller, I seek adventure however I am also disabled and a dog owner.

So I thought it would be a neat idea to have a blog that I could share some photos of my castle hunting adventures and basic info on these sites from a disabled, dog owning artist!

Cadw Offers Disabled people and there companion Free access to there sites, If you have any problems, attitude or access on this generous offer make sure you contact Cadw so they can improve.

I have only provided basic info as there are enough sites on the net to give you this information.
http://cadw.wales.gov.uk/?lang=en


This Castle Wales Site is brilliant, I have used it time and time again, even writing to the makers to compliment them
www.castlewales.com


Wednesday 8 October 2014

Mont Orgueil Castle - Jersey


Mont Orgueil Castle
Parking is available at Gorey Harbour
Guide Dogs Only.
Toilets in the castle.
This castle has a lot of steep steps and even defeated me so not really suited for disabled visitors
A few places to sit with small café in castle grounds
Best Bit - Has dramatic views and the Tree of Succession

Note:
I suggest e-mailing Jersey Heritage before your visit and ask for admission charges for disabled people

 see:
http://www.jerseyheritage.org/places-to-visit/mont-orgueil-castle


Tree of Succession


No comments:

Post a Comment